The King's (The Cathedral) School

place and school

Aged 483

Founded by King Henry VIII, The King's (The Cathedral) School is a state-funded Church of England school located in Peterborough, England. Although for centuries a boys-only grammar school, "Kings" is now mixed and has a Junior Department in Madeley House. Madeley House was previously the home for boarders, and many cathedral choristers were boarders there; but now the school has day pupils only. On 1 January 2011, the school became an academy, controversially abandoning its historic name, "King's School, Peterborough", and adopting a new title.

Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

The King's (The Cathedral) School was founded in 1541 by King Henry VIII. Originally situated in the Minster Precincts it later moved here, opening in October 1885.

The King’s School, Park Road, Peterborough, United Kingdom where it sited (1885)