Livestock Auction House, Tewkesbury
place and building
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Livestock Auction House Livestock was marketed in Tewkesbury from Saxon times but the first recorded Charter was granted by Queen Matilda c1070. This building, the last remaining relic of the trade, was constructed in 1870 to house the auction office. From 1949-1987 it was used by Warner's Garage. Livestock marketing ended in 1967.
Oldbury Road, Tewkesbury, United Kingdom where it sited