Engine Shed of the Eastern Counties Railway
place and engine shed
Commemorated on 1 plaque
A rare survivor from the first railway age, this building opened in 1848 as the ENGINE SHED of the Eastern Counties Railway. Ownership passed to the Great Eastern Railway (1862) and the London and North Eastern Railway (1923).
Sand Martin House, Bittern Way, Fletton Quays, Peterborough, United Kingdom where it sited