place and tower
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Greyfriars Tower. This late C14 lantern tower stood over the central crossing of the C13 Franciscan Priory Church on this sit c.1230-1538. The Greyfriars attracted academics and wealthy patrons. It was retained as a shipmark for the harbour when the priory was dismantled and its stones reused in the town.
St. James' Street, King's Lynn, United Kingdom where it sited