Leeds Civic Hall
(1933-present)

place and hall

Aged 88

Leeds Civic Hall is a municipal building located in the civic quarter of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It replaced Leeds Town Hall as the administrative centre in 1933. The Civic Hall houses Leeds City Council offices, council chamber and a banqueting hall, and is a Grade II* listed building. A city landmark, two 2.3 metres (7 ft 7 in) high gold-leafed owls top its twin towers, decorations which are joined by four more owls on columns in Millennium Square, which sits to the front, and a gilded clock on both sides.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Peter Hughes on Flickr

Leeds Civic Hall Was erected 1930-33 by the unemployed building workers of Leeds. Its magnificent accommodation includes Lord Mayor's ceremonial rooms, Council Chamber, committee rooms and offices. It was built to serve the 'ever-expanding municipal functions and duties' of Leeds City Council. Architect: Vincent Harris

Millennium Square, Portland Crescent, Leeds, United Kingdom where it was erected