The Oldest Chemist's Shop
place and pharmacy
Closed aged c. 277
Commemorated on 1 plaque
The Oldest Chemist's Shop A pharmacy from at least 1720, when John Beckwith was the apothecary, The Oldest Chemist's Shop became especially famous under WP Lawrence and his son Edmund from 1884 to 1965. The shop ceased to be a pharmacy in 1997.
16 Market Pl, Knaresborough, United Kingdom where it sited