Lord Leycester's Hospital
(1400-present)

place and hospital

Aged 619

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Elliott Brown on Flickr

Lord Leycester's Hospital The Guilds of St George, of the Holy Trinity and of the Virgin Mary raised these buildings about the year 1400 A.D. these guilds were dispersed in 1546. In 1571 Robert Dudley, Earl of Leycester founded here his hospital for aged or infirm men who had seen service in the wars together with their wives. By 1950 the buildings had become seriously decayed and the brethrens' quarters were no longer fit for use. During the period 1958 to 1966 the buildings were restored and their quarters modernised. The hospital was re-opened on the 3rd November 1966 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother

Lord Leycester's Hospital, High Street, Warwick, United Kingdom where it sited