Birmingham Accident Hospital
(1941-1993)

place and hospital

Closed aged c. 52

Birmingham Accident Hospital, formerly known as Birmingham Accident Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre, was established in April 1941 as Birmingham's response to two reports, the British Medical Association's Committee on Fractures (1935) and the Interdepartmental Committee (1939) on the Rehabilitation of Persons injured by Accidents. Both organisations recommended specialist treatment and rehabilitation facities. The hospital, generally recognized as the world's first trauma center, used the existing buildings of Queen's Hospital, a former Teaching Hospital in Bath Row, Birmingham, England, in the United Kingdom. It changed its name to Birmingham Accident Hospital in 1974 and closed in 1993. A listed building it is now part of Queens Hospital Close, a student accommodation complex. A blue plaque commemorates its former role.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Elliott Brown on Flickr

The Queen's Hospital (1841 - 1941) and the Birmingham Accident Hospital (1941 - 1993) occupied these buildings

Bath Row, Birmingham, United Kingdom where it sited (1941-1993)