James S. Emett
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Lee's Ferry John D. Lee settled here in Dec. 1871 and established ferry service thirteen months later. After her husband's death, Warren M. Johnson ran the oar-driven ferry for Emma Lee, 1875 to 1879, when the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints purchased her interest. Johnson served until 1895. He was followed by James S. Emett who sold to the Grand Canyon Cattle Company in 1909. Coconino County operated the ferry from 1910 to 1928.
Lees Ferry Road, Lees Ferry, AZ, United States where they ran the oar-driven ferry (1895-1909)