The Rose Theatre, London
(1587-1606)

place and theatre

Closed aged c. 19

The Rose was an Elizabethan theatre. It was the fourth of the public theatres to be built, after The Theatre (1576), the Curtain (1577), and the theatre at Newington Butts (c. 1580?) – and the first of several playhouses to be situated in Bankside, Southwark, in a liberty outside the jurisdiction of the City of London's civic authorities. Its remains were excavated by archaeologists in 1989.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons

The Rose Theatre built here in 1587 first Elizabethan theatre of Bankside. Voted by the people.

56 Park Street, SE1, London, United Kingdom where it built (1587)