Edwin Francis Reynolds
(1875-1949)

Died aged c. 74

Edwin Francis Reynolds LRIBA (30 November 1875 - 19 January 1949) was an English architect based in Birmingham.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 2 plaques

MARK WARRICK on Flickr
MARK WARRICK on Flickr

The Baldwin The Baldwin, completed in 1937, derives its name from a family of farmers on whose former land this public house was erected. References to the Baldwin name can be traced to 1588 when Baldwyns field is first shown on a map and in 1540 Baldwins Lane is first shown. Designed by Birmingham born Edwin Francis Reynolds (b. 1875 - d. 1949) the architects were the Birmingham based Wood and Kendrick, the first landlord to manage this house was Neville MillwardTinley. The Baldwin has a sister pub, also in Hall Green, called The Three Magpies also designed by EF Reynolds. A profile of the front elevation of the two pubs placed side by side, with The Baldwin on the right would reveal another important and prestigious part of history as the design was based on The Queen Mary cruise liner launched by Cunard White Star on September 26th 1934, undertaking her maiden voyage on May 27th 1936. Fortunately The Baldwin and The Three Magpies have stood the test of time a little better as The Queen Mary was decommissioned on October 5th 1971.

Baldwins Lane, Hall Green, Birmingham, United Kingdom where they designed

The Maggies History Designed by Birmingham born Edwin Francis Reynolds (b. 1875 - d. 1949) the architects were the Birmingham based Wood & Kendrick. The Maggies has a sister pub, also in Hall Green called The Baldwin, also designed by E.F. Reynolds. A profile of the front elevation of the two pubs placed side by side, with The Maggies on the left would reveal another important and prestigious part of history as the design was based on The Queen Mary cruise liner launched by Cunard White Star on September 26th 1934, undertaking her maiden voyage on May 27th 1936. Fortunately The Maggies and The Baldwin have stood the test of time a little better as The Queen Mary was decommissioned on October 5th 1971.

School Road, Hall Green, Birmingham, United Kingdom where they designed