New Guild Hall, Shaftesbury
place and guild hall
Closed aged c. 258
Commemorated on 2 plaques
Nearby stood the medieval Guild Hall, replaced in 1569 by the New Guild Hall, which stood in the middle of the High Street
Saxon Photographic, Gold Hill, Shaftesbury, United Kingdom where it sited (1569-1827)
Built on the market place in 1827 by Earl Grosvenor who owned most of Shaftesbury, it replaced the open-arched New Guild Hall. Clock tower added in 1879.
Town Hall, High Street, Shaftesbury, United Kingdom where it sited (1569-1827)