A Kendal banker around 1770.- OpenPlaques
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Stricklandgate House. This house was built about 1776 by Joseph Maude, a Kendal banker and for many years housed the Kendal Savings Bank. In 1854 it was leased to the Kendal Literary and Scientific Society of which Wordsworth and Southey were Founder members and became the town's museum and library.
92 Stricklandgate, Kendal, United Kingdom where they built (1776)