Laws Chapel Cemetery, Atlanta, TX
(1854-present)

place and cemetery

Aged 165

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Texas Historical Marker #17466

Laws Chapel Cemetery. Originally a family cemetery, this burial ground began upon the death of Henry G. Law (1813-1854), son of George and Martha McDonald Law, who died shortly after the family moved here from Georgia. The site eventually became a community cemetery and another son, Richard R. Law, donated 6 acres to the Laws Chapel Church and Cemetery in 1869. The graveyard later was shared with nearby Piney Grove Baptist Church after it was established in 1887. Expanded by 1.5 acres in 1941, the cemetery continues to serve the community and remains a chronicle of the pioneers, veterans, and families of Cass County. #17466

?, Atlanta, TX, United States where it sited