Old Salado Graveyard

place and graveyard

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Texas Historical Marker #17448

Old Salado Graveyard. This burial ground was likely in use about the time a U.S. Post Office was established in Salado Springs in 1852. In 1854 Col. Elijah Sterling C. Robertson purchased a large tract of land north and south o the springs that included the cemetery. It is generally accepted that the original 2.5 acre graveyard was part of 100 acres that he donated in 1850 for the creation of Salado College and the town of Salado. Additional land was acquired through purchase and donation over the years and a permanent endowment fund exists for the care and maintenance of this resting place for generations of Salado's citizens. #17448

?, Salado, TX, United States where it was