Commemorated on 1 plaque
St. Rollox Chemical Works 1797 -1964 on this place in 1797, Charles Tennant from Glenconner founded St. Rollox Chemical Works to make bleaching powder for the textile industry. Fine cotton goods and linens were a substantial base for Glasgow's prosperity and bleach-fields lined the banks of the clear streams. St. Rollox grew and propsered until 50 after its foundation it had become the largest works of its kind in Europe. Later activity at St. Rollox was gradually reduced until closure in 1964.
229-231 Castle Street, Sighthill, Springburn, Glasgow, United Kingdom where they founded (1797)