Captain John J. Tumlinson

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 2 plaques

Texas Historical Marker #9033

Site of a Block House. Built by Texas Rangers under Captain John J. Tumlinson in 1836. Destroyed by Indians in 1837. This was the first white man's post in Williamson County. #9033

US 183, 1.5 mi. S of FM 2243, Leander, TX, United States where they was

Texas Historical Marker #14616

Site of the Home of Reuben Hornsby. Site of the Home Built in 1832 by Reuben Hornsby (1793-1879) and his wife Sarah Morrison Hornsby (1796-1862). Second built in "Austin's Little Colony". First in the present county of Travis. Famed for Christian hospitality. Here Josiah Wilbarger recovered after being scalped in 1833. Mr. Hornsby and his sons fought in many Indian battles and served as scouts in Capt. John J. Tumlinson's company of Rangers which was organized here in 1836. #14616

?, Austin, TX, United States where they was