Coventry Council House
place and council house (from 1917)
Commemorated on 1 plaque
The Council House. Built 1913-17. The red sandstone facing and early tudor styling was chosen by a competition to be in keeping with nearby St Mary's Hall. The large porch is flanked by gilded armorial decoration under giant figures of Leofric and Godiva. Architects E. Garret & H.W. Simister of Birmingham.
Earl Street, Coventry, United Kingdom where it built (1913-1917)