McCulloch County Jail
(1909-present)

place and gaol

Aged 113

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Texas Historical Marker #03287

McCulloch County Jail. Constructed in 1909-1910, this was the second building to serve as the McCulloch County Jail. This red brick Romanesque Revival style edifice was built by the Southern Structural Steel Co. of San Antonio. Sheriff T. L. Sansom was the first occupant of the first floor jailer's quarters. The second and third floors contained prisoners' cells. When the county erected a new facility in 1974, the Heart of Texas Historical Museum, Inc., acquired this structure. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976 #3287

117 N. High St., Brady, TX, United States where it sited (1909)