Clifton House, Sidmouth
place and house
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Clifton House and Connaught House Nos.4 and 5 Clifton Place, built c. 1810 and c. 1805 as lodging houses by Mr. Heffer, a prosperous local fisherman, and called Heffer's Row. Sometime in 1810 No5 was rented by Lord Le Despencer while he was building Knowle Cottage. Originally both thatched, a fire in 1944 severely damaged No.5 which was rebuilt in 1948.
Peak Hill Road, Sidmouth, United Kingdom where it sited