Here lived Thomas Lord born in Thirsk, November 23rd 1755. He established the first ground known as Lords, the home of the M.C.C. in Dorset Square, St Marylebone in 1787 subsequently removing its turf to Regent's Park in 1811 and finally to St John's Wood in 1814.

Jnicho02 on Wikimedia Commons

14-16 Kirkgate, Thirsk
Google Streetview

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Rosie Reid on Wikimedia Commons