Sir Thomas Lawrence P.R.A. lived here. Born 1769 Died 1830

The supplementary plaque below reads "This is the site of the house to which the tablet below was fixed until it was demolished in 1910". The original Imperial Hotel building was built between 1905 and 1911 and occupied the site until it was itself demolished between 1966 and 1967. The plaque was re-erected for a second time, with its supplementary companion moved to a new position, when the current building was constructed in the late 60s.