The Regent Hall (Market Square). At one time the market was held in this open space at the top of Castle Hill, with pens for cattle and sheep. The Market House, where the meat market was held, also contained the Guildhall and the Town Stocks. The market was replaced in 1825 but without a Guildhall. The building was at one time used as a cinema, The Regent, which was the first cinema in the town.