Rock Cottage The first house at Clifton, built 1794 in plain Georgain style, in Regency times a lodging house. Damaged in a storm in 1836 its sea wall amongst first constructed. Burnt 1908 it was rebuilt as thatches cottage orne by eminent local architect R. W. Sampson (1866-1950) retaining only verandah from old house. Associated with Wills family of tobacco fame. Gifted 1989 under will of Dr. Russell Vernon for benefit of the National Trust.

Graham Horn on Geograph
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr