In 1714 a house and shop on this site, with a farm and other land, were left by John Clingan, a mercer, in trust, leading to the establishment in 1736 of Clingan's Trust to benefit the 'poor of the parish'. The income from the trust continues to assist young people in their advancement in life

Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr