Boldtville Schoolhouse. Land for this schoolhouse was given to Bexar County in 1919 by Albert F. Boldt. During that year this two-room building was constructed by local resident Fritz Gembler. From 1919 until 1960 it served as an educational facility for the children of nearby rural families. An example of a typical early 20th-century, two-room Texas schoolhouse, the structure features a pedimented porch with a cupola. (1984) #447

Marion & Steve on Flickr All Rights Reserved

6634 New Sulpher Springs Rd., San Antonio, TX
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap

by Texas Historical Commission #00447 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.