This building, formerly the "Sussex Hotel" later became the "Royal Victoria and Sussex Hotel". The coat of arms is that of the Duke and Duchess of Kent, parents of Queen Victoria, who as a child stayed here with her mother in 1834.

See also...
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Frank Batt on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
Diane Griffiths on Flickr
Bolckow on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Jeremy Osborne on Flickr
Simply Jan on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
Jeff Stone on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Brian Cooper on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Simply Jan on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr