Freyburg Methodist Church Cemetery. This church began in the late 1860s when the Rev. Karl Urbantke conducted services in a local store near the town hall. Services were later held in a schoolhouse and in 1879 the congregation raised sufficient funds to hire H. Griezendorf to build this sanctuary. It is an excellent example of an open plan Gothic church with a central entry bell tower. It features a gable form with return eaves and pointed arch double doors surmounted by a rose window. The church, which contains an historic cemetery on its property, continues to serve the local community. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994 #2060

Marion & Steve on Flickr All Rights Reserved

by Texas Historical Commission in 1994 #02060 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.