Pennington Baptist Church. In 1860 eight settlers began the Salem Baptist Church. Elder R.A. Clifton served as the first pastor. After landowner Daniel Dailey laid out Pennington in 1866, the congregation bought this land. They moved from the original church house near the cemetery and erected a structure. The name changed at the conference in 1869 to "Pennington Baptist Church". A third building was completed in 1913. The church began in 1947 providing full-time services under the pastorate of The Rev. E.P. Coe. In 1955 the fourth building was dedicated. #7965
by Texas Historical Commission #07965 of the Texas Historical Marker series
None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.