Haynes-Felcman House. This house was built in 1901-1902 for H. Schumacher. It was purchased in 1906 by Richard H. Haynes (1875-1942) who, with his father, founded the Haynes (Sealy) Mattress Company in 1909. Local confectionery store owner F. J. Felcman bought the property in 1927 and added on to the rear in 1929. It remained in his family until 1995. The structure is a fine example of a Queen Anne residence with a projecting front gable decorated with wood shingles, stained glass, and jigsawn brackets. The front porch also displays late Victorian details including wood balusters and frieze. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1999 #11701

by Texas Historical Commission #11701 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black




None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.