Mineral Springs Primitive Baptist Church. On Sunday, May 30, 1886, Elder Wilson Hufner and W. L. Rogers founded this church in nearby Post Oak. Charter members were J. O. Soap, his wife, Rebecca, and Mrs. Fannie May. The church first joined the Village Creek Association, but in 1899 joined 15 other area churches to form the Duffau Association, the largest Primitive Baptist Church Association in Texas. A church house built in Post Oak in 1906 was moved to this site ca. 1920. In 1948, the Roden family donated eight acres to the Duffau Association. Beginning in 1955, Elder Berley Welch and his wife, Treasure, of Wichita Falls founded the Texas Youth Camp and held summer camps here. The present sanctuary was moved here in 1960. #17024