This archway was erected in 1637 by Andrew Thomson Advocate and Sheriff-Depute in Aberdeen as gateway to his house in Guestrow, which ran past the North-East gable of this house. His initials and those of his wife Agnes Divie are on the panel built into this wall. On demolition of the properties in Guestrow, in 1931, the archway was rebuilt in Union Terrace Gardens, whence it was taken in 1970 and re-erected here, close to its original site.

This is an approximate position

Guestrow, off Broad Street, Aberdeen
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr: