Victoria ('Sprinch') Dockyard. Built c.1890, reputed to be one of the country's finest and most respected boatyards. At one time, responsible for the maintenance of over 200 canal craft. Fire destroyed storerooms in 1935, which were never rebuilt. The yard closed in 1948, because of the decline in commercial traffic on the Bridgewater Canal. The distinctive house at the entrance, once known as Victoria Cottage, was the yard foreman's house. Today the site of the Bridgewater Motor Boat Club.