Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1756-1791 composed his first symphony here in 1764

The prototype for a series of sepia brown plaques with cream lettering and a simplified design. Intended as the new standard London County design, another five, with the addition of the familiar thin white border, were made before WWII (two of these have since been replaced with blue roundels). After the war, with the plaque scheme reestablished, the LCC decided to retain the basic design, but reverted to blue for subsequent plaques. The Mozart plaque was re-erected in 1951, following wartime damage

Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Flickr
Gwynhafyr on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Flickr
See also...
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Ramses van Bragt on Flickr
Monceau on Flickr