First National Bank (FNB) The first home on this site was built before 1843. This present building dates back to around 1870, and served as a private home and shop. Bought by the Thesen family in 1876. Barclay's Bank DCO (later FNB) opened their first branch on 1 August 1919, renting the building until purchasing same in 1950. The small entrance door in Main Street led to the manager's residence upstairs. It has been altered over the years with the upper floor converted into banking offices. The corner gable was added later. When the Main Street was widened in 1968, elephant bones were found under the front steps.