The Platform Tavern dates back to 1873 and is of historical interest as it is built against the old town wall built around 1350. The wall can be seen in the bar the stonework exposed to show its original state. The town wall was washed by high tides until the Eastern Quay was built around 1830. The house name is derived from its proximity to the Quay outside God's House called The Platform which contained a gun battery for ceremonial purposes.