On the site behind this house stood until 1904 Broomwood House - formerly Broomfield - where William Wilberforce resided during the campaign against slavery which he successfully conducted in Parliament.

The plaque is made up of brown tiles which were manufactured for the LCC by Mintons. The only other example of this type of plaque can be found at No.14 Buckingham Street, Westminster.

Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Flickr