THE White Hart HOTEL This grade II listed building is the town's oldest inn. The White Hart was "given it's official licence as Okehampton's leading inn at the new Quarter Sessions when the town's charter was granted in 1623". Originally a 17th century coaching inn, on what was the Old London Road, the White Hart takes its name from the emblem of King Richard II. Many important events were held here. William Pitt the Elder was a frequent visitor. MP for the Borough of Okehampton, in the 1750's, Pitt later held office as Prime Minister. These premises were refurbished by JD Wetherspoon and opened in July 2016

See also...
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
sleepymyf on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Lyn Robson on Wikimedia Commons
Open Plaques on Flickr
Robert-brook on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons