The Leeds Rifles. A volunteer corps raised by resolution of Leeds Town Council in 1859 when the Government feared the French might invade Britain. This headquarters, Carlton Barracks, was built in 1887 and remained the home of the Leeds Rifles until disbandment in 1969.

ben dalton on Flickr

Carlton Barracks, Carlton Hill, LS7, Leeds
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap

by Leeds Civic Trust on 08 November 2006

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr: