The Trust School By A.D. 1260 there is evidence of a school in Yardley. The Masters were Monks from Maxstone Priory. This present building probably dates from the 15th Century. It may originally have been the Guild Hall. W. Sutherns was the last Master, the school closing in 1908. It is now used as Parish Rooms with a Youth Club upstairs, The Sarah Hassell Lounge downstairs.