Commemorated on 1 plaque
Texas Historical Marker #3499
Mount Zion Baptist Church. On Dec. 25, 1894, State Evangelist the Rev. Frank Tribune organized this Baptist church with five members: Ella and Lee Brooks, Katie Patterson, Laura Purvis, and Josephine Wells. With help from the Rev. Dr. A. R. Griggs, the members built a frame structure in 1907 at the corner of Louisiana and Rosedale. In 1915 the present site was acquired and a tabernacle erected. This brick church building was begun in 1919 under the Rev. M. K. Curry. The church debt was paid during the Rev. A. W. Pryor's pastorate, 1924-1949. While the Rev. S. T. Alexander was Pastor, 1949-1968, an education building was added.
1101 Evans St., Fort Worth, TX, United States where they minister (1949-1968)