Newcastle Central railway station
place and railway station
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Newcastle Central railway station. This plaque celebrates the 150th anniversary of the station, opened by Queen Victoria on 29th August 1850 and built by the York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway. It was designed by John Dobson, Architect and Robert Stephenson, Engineer. The portico on the north facade, designed by Thomas Prosser, Architect, was added by the North Eastern Railway in 1860. The train shed roof was extended southwards in 1893 to the design of William Bell, Architect. The building is listed Grade 1.
Newcastle Central railway station, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom where it sited (1850)