Oddfellows Hall, Ulverston
place and oddfellows hall
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Oddfellows Hall. At a time when religious intolerance was abating, Father McHugh built Ulverston's first Catholic Church in 1821. The foundation stones were brought from Furness Abbey and in 1832 a tower was added. Towards the end of the 19th century the Catholic Church required a larger place of worship and a new church opened in Brogden Street.
Tarn Side, Ulverston, United Kingdom where it sited