Elmete Hall, Leeds
place and hall
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Elmete Hall. This fine villa, with its 65-acre estate providing spectacular views over Leeds was built in 1865 for James Kitson the wealthy steam locomotive manufacturer. Extended in brick in 1885, for over two decades from 1957 it was a school for the deaf. Architects: Dobson and Chorley. Renovated 2007.
Elmete Lane LS8 2LJ, Leeds, United Kingdom where it sited