Elmete Hall. This fine villa, with its 65-acre estate providing spectacular views over Leeds was built in 1865 for James Kitson the wealthy steam locomotive manufacturer. Extended in brick in 1885, for over two decades from 1957 it was a school for the deaf. Architects: Dobson and Chorley. Renovated 2007.

See also...
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Bolckow on Flickr
Bolckow on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Bolckow on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Brian Cooper on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr