Commemorated on 1 plaque
The Mitre House, which is reputed to be the first house to be built in the City, has a long association with the Cathedral. Tradition has it that Bishop Richard Poore had a temporary lodging here to oversee the building of the church. By 1620 it was an inn, known initially as the Holy Lamb, and later as the Sun and Lamb. By ancient custom, the Bishops of Salisbury use Mitre House as a robing-place before their enthronement - hence its present name.
37 High Street, Salisbury, United Kingdom where they lodged