Commemorated on 1 plaque

Great Northern Hotel - The 1852 original 13 bedroom hotel, architect Henry Goddard, built by Kirk and Parry, cost £2,500. It was one of the five Great Northern Railway GNR hotels. it had a bakery, laundry, farm, stables and a pleasure garden. In 1859 the GNR extended it to become a 25 bedroom hotel. In 1863 Prussia's Crown Princess stayed. In 1900 a serious fire occurred. During WW2 the hotel closed, making room for LNER engineers from London. In 1970 British Transport Hotels added 20 bedrooms, Privatized in 1982, Peter Boizot bought the hotel in 1993 and undertook sympathetic restoration.

Great Northern Hotel, Station Road, Peterborough, United Kingdom where they stayed (1863)