Worshipful Company of Fuellers
(1981-present)

man

Aged 41

The Worshipful Company of Fuellers is one of the Livery Companies of the City of London. It is now associated with the whole energy sector, but has its roots in coal: the Fuellers, or coal traders, were originally members of the , which became defunct in the eighteenth century. The Company was incorporated separately in 1981, and was granted Livery status in 1984. It is a charitable institution and many of the members (though not all) are drawn from the energy industry. As such, membership is not limited to energy sector employees, but also to those whose interests can make a contribution on energy matters. The Company's activities include a social programme (Livery dinners, etc), as well as regular industrial visits and talks. The Fuellers' Company ranks ninety-fifth in the Order of Precedence of Livery Companies. Its motto is In Carbone Robur Nostrum, Latin for Our Strength in Coal. It has made submissions to the Government's energy policy review, details of which can be found on its website. The present Clerk to the Company is Commodore Bill Walworth.

DbPedia
Wikidata Wikipedia

Commemorated on 1 plaque

On this site from 1769 to 1963 stood The Coal Exchange, the market place for the trading of all coal and related products. This plaque was unveiled on 6th July 2020 by HRH The Earl of Wessex KG GCVO Master of the Worshipful Company of Fuellers, with funds donated by The Coal Meters Committee

100 Lower Thames Street, London, United Kingdom where it was