Commemorated on 1 plaque
Melville's Owned in 1876 by William Milne, a carpenter and undertaker, who built the original building. In 1882 he let one room to the Standard Bank. In 1883 the bank rented the whole building as both Bank and Manager's residence. Later owned by Alexander McMaster in 1892, McFarlane in 1896 and acquired by Thesen & Co. in 1912, who renamed it Melville's. The curved gable with decorative plaster work was added in 1922. The store was closed in the mid 1970's on the sale of Thesen & Co to Barlow Rand.
Main Road, Knysna, South Africa where they owned