Pillar Box
(1856-present)

thing and pillar box

Aged 164

Commemorated on 3 plaques

Elliott Brown on Flickr
David Stowell on Geograph
Elliott Brown on Flickr

This Pillar Box Cast in 1856 in the shape of a Doric Column at the Eagle Foundry of Messrs Smith and Hawkes, Broad Street, Birmingham, is one of a pair installed at the East and West Gates of Warwick

West Gate, High Street, Warwick, United Kingdom where it was

This Pillar Box Cast in 1856 in the shape of a Doric Column at the Eagle Foundry of Messrs Smith and Hawkes, Broad Street, Birmingham, is one of a pair installed at the East and West Gates of Warwick

East Gate, The Butts / Castle Hill, Warwick, United Kingdom where it was

This very early type of pillar-box dating from 1856 has been in daily use in Banbury since 1857. The box was renovated with the support of Banbury Borough Council and re-opened for use on this site on November 25th 1974

Town Hall, Bridge Street, Banbury, United Kingdom where it was (1857)